Pages

Monday, April 16, 2012

Chick-Fil-A Lemonade. Better than Addictive

We don't have Chick-Fil-A in Washington, which can only be described as a travesty. Being a Georgia girl, I have been sucking down their lemonade since before I can remember. It's the perfect mixture of sweet and sour, bordering more on the sour side, making it perfect for lazily sipping throughout the day. All other lemonades pale in comparison, and none of them even come close to quelling my lemonade craving. It's my guilt-free pleasure. Their chicken being my guilty one. There just really is nothing better than a hot chicken biscuit or chicken sandwich on a sunny day (I'm not entirely sure why I equate Chick-Fil-A to sunny days, but I do).

Unfortunately, the closest Chick-Fil-A to us is at Boise State University.... A day's drive away. In their student center. I'm not going to lie, I really have no desire to go to Boise State for anything, other than to watch the Yellow Jackets utterly destroy them on that hideous blue football field. I'm not really sure how people in the Pacific Northworst survive without Chick-Fil-A, but I hypothesize their lack of the greatest fast-food restaurant in the world has something to do with the dreary weather (disclaimer: I really do like the dreary weather... But it needs to go away once in awhile to be fully appreciated). So, whenever we go home to Georgia, we make sure to have at least one meal at Chick-Fil-A and get a few gallons of their diet lemonade to share.

Well, Steve and I decided--like any good parents--that Endelyn should be treated to her very first Chick-Fil-A breakfast. We got her a triplicate of mini chicken biscuits, potato medallions, and her very own medium lemonade (not diet). She was perfectly happy to munch on a biscuit, three potato medallions, and a whole container of Polynesian sauce until she discovered that she got an entire Styrofoam cup of lemonade all to herself. She sucked that thing down like she had be wandering through a desert with no water for days. I've never seen her get so excited about something since we let her have her first taste of chocolate.

I'm not sure what it is about that lemonade, but I'm pretty sure they have a new addict for life. Which couldn't make me happier... she could have a lot worse taste in fast food.

1 comment:

  1. Crack fries. That's all I'm going to say!

    When I was out at BYU the closest one was about 15 miles away at Utah Valley State College. It was like my weekly trip to Meccah. Between CFA and Waffle House, why would anyone move out west by choice?!

    ReplyDelete