Pages

Thursday, April 19, 2012

Buffalo Chicken Chili

A couple weeks ago, I found a recipe on pinterest for a buffalo chicken chili. I pinned the recipe, but never actually went to read the it. The idea, however, stuck in my head, and since the hubby thought the idea sounded pretty good, too, I decided to make up my own for dinner. It could be exactly like the one I found on pinterest. It could be totally different. I have no idea. It's actually pretty freaking fantastic--even Endelyn had seconds!--so I thought I would share.

(Also, I think you could probably easily do this in the crock pot... but since I prefer mine to just sit around gathering dust, I couldn't tell you for sure.)

What You'll Need:

2 chicken breasts
Water
Salt
Pepper
1 large, white onion diced
3 garlic cloves diced
1 red bell pepper diced
2 strips bacon chopped
2 cans navy beans
1 can northern white beans
4 small tomatoes
1 bottle buffalo wing sauce
Chili powder
4 QT pot

Place chicken in the pot and cover with water. Cover and bring water to a boil, cooking chicken through.


Remove Chicken and shred. I like to shred mine in the Kitchen Aid mixer.


Pour out most of the broth, leaving about 3 tablespoons in the pot. Add the garlic and let simmer for about a minute.

Add onions and bacon, stirring until the onions start to soften.



 Add bell pepper and tomatoes.


Add the entire contents of the canned beans--juice and all.


Stir in chicken


Add buffalo wing sauce, chili powder to taste (I used less than a teaspoon), salt and pepper. Let simmer at least an hour so that all of the flavors mix.


Serve with crumbled blue cheese (I also threw in some Yancy's Buffalo Cheddar because I had it).



1 comment: