Pages

Friday, August 3, 2012

Week 3: Community

I'm not entirely sure what I was thinking when I came up with this topic. But, apparently, I have to talk about my "community."

To tell the truth, I feel pretty community-less. I would very much like to be a part of the military community here, but it just doesn't appear to be meant to be. I know I've said it before, but I just feel lost here. Our neighborhood is great, but I don't feel much like a part of their community (we're at least 30 years too young). We don't live on post, so we aren't really surrounded with other people going through the same things we are...

I am no longer working or going to school, so I am not part of academia. I can honestly say I don't miss that (with the exception of the daily social interaction with other adults). Students drove me crazy, politics of working at a university drove me crazy, and I just think I would have ended up banging my head against a wall until I concussed myself.

I don't have any hobbies. I don't go to any events (wait, no, I go to a unit event every month. score).

I just feel lost.

This fall, E and I might try some mommy and me classes/activities. They have toddler tumbling and rhythm classes. maybe there is something artsy. We just need to get out of our routine, I think.

So, there you have it. I have no community. I suck. I should become a hermit.



No comments:

Post a Comment