So, I was talking with a few of my lady-friends (and no, not in the 70-year-old man in a nursing home sense of "lady-friends") and it has been decided that a blog challenge is in order. I've never actually done a blogging challenge before, and the ones I have seen seem kind of lame, so we're coming up with our own.
Here are the rules:
- The blog-every-single-day thing seems to be a little... scary for a lot of people. So, we're shooting for once-a-week blogging for 8 weeks.
- Blog challenges will be "due"/rollover on Sunday nights at midnight. I know this sounds a lot like a class project, but hey, we're all gluttons for punishment, anyway, right?
- Post the challenge/challenge rules before you write your first blog-challenge blog, and link back to it with each blog-challenge post (then say blog challenge ten times fast!). This way, your readers can join in on the fun.
- And, just to shake things up, at the bottom of each blog challenge blog, post the link to another blog you read regularly. Think of it as a grab bag for your readers. Or just utter ridiculousness on my part.
- Try to comment on other blogs doing the challenge. Let the blogger know you're reading and doing the challenge, too!
- Take the topics as seriously or as lightly as you would like.
- Write as much or as little as you would like.
- Use visuals if and how you see fit.
- Have fun and share!
Now... For the topics!
- Week 1: Compare and contrast: yourself now vs. yourself ten years ago.
- Week 2: How are you like your parents? How are you different?
- Week 3: Who and what makes up your "community?" How do you define that community?
- Week 4: A social situation you struggle with and why.
- Week 5: How do you define yourself?
- Week 6: What is a goal you have or want to set for yourself? How are you going to achieve it?
- Week 7: A funny story about something dumb you have done.
- Week 8: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?