...Yeah... The weather here? 50s.
Ugh, I guess I can just add this to the list of reasons Washington makes me want to gouge my eyes out with rusty spoons (yeah, I totally stole that from you, Amanda).
So, last night I got on pinterest to see if I could find some dinner inspiration. Out of the 248 recipes I have pinned to my Tasty album, only one of them caught my eye:
|Spinach and Feta Casserole with Brown Rice and Parmesan from kalynskitchen.com|
|Yeah... this ONLY happens when I make her sweet potatoes.|
What you'll need:
Casserole dish with glass lid
2 cups brown rice, cooked
1 large red onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
8 oz fresh spinach, chopped
8 oz mushrooms
1 cup whole milk
1 cup feta cheese
1 tsp salt
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp sage
1 tbsp dried oregano
1 tbsp dried parsley
1/8 red pepper flakes (I used 1/4, but it was a little spicier than the recipe needs)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees, Fahrenheit.
2. After chopping everything up, mix the spinach, onions, garlic, mushrooms and HOT rice together in a greased casserole dish. You want the rice to still be hot so that it helps the spinach wilt.
2. In a separate bowl, whisk together beat the eggs with a fork until they are smooth and evenly yellow. Add the milk, mixing well. Whisk in the herbs until everything is evenly distributed.
4. Pour the mixture over the vegetables and rice. Mix it well.
5. Cover (I have a glass lid... not sure if that makes a difference?) and pop that sucker in the oven for about 40 minutes or until the edges start to bubble and the spinach has completely wilted. Remove and serve while it's still hot.
P.S. Next time, I am going to be sure to have fresh herbs. Nothing is better than fresh!!!