Pages

Sunday, September 2, 2012

I need your help

We have fallen in love with a beautiful little girl in Eastern Europe. One of the blogs I read is written by the mother of one of this little girl's friends, and who advocates for her in hopes of finding her a forever family. Unfortunately, we do not have the funds to get started at this time. We have been saving, as you know, but $250 won't get us very far... or at all. I feel funny about fundraising, especially when we haven't even committed to an adoption agency (or ever. At all). So that leaves us with me.

What I am tying to say is: I need to sell my manuscript. If I could find a home for it, and get an advance--anything that can get it started --we might have a fighting chance of saving her and making our hearts feel whole. I have a finished epic fantasy manuscript of 115.000 words, and that manuscript could mean rescuing her from a terrible fate.

Tomorrow, I will get my query letters ready to be submitted; I am having lunch with a friend who used to work for a publishing company in NYC, so I am hoping I fan get some tips from her, but after that, that's when I need your help:

Please, if you know a literary agent or publisher who deals in fantasy fiction, please let me know how to submit a query to them. If you know soemeone who knows someone, please do the same. Share this blog in hopes of it reaching someone who could help me expedite this process. Anything! I'm feeling desperate!

And thank you!!!


(Also, please ignore my typos.... I am totally typing this on my kindle) .

No comments:

Post a Comment